Monday, January 12, 2015

Biography

Hello,

          My name is Daryl Hosler and I am writing this blog as part of an assignment while working towards my Master's Degree in Aeronautical Science with an emphasis on Unmanned Aerospace Systems.  I have 14 years experience in the aviation field starting as a U.S. Army Aviator flying the AH-64A/D attack helicopter with two tours in Iraq.  After getting out of the Army I started working as RQ-7B Shadow UAS instructor operator at Fort Huachuca, AZ.  I was then given the opportunity to be one the Army's first 12 MQ-1C Gray Eagle instructors.  I helped to develop the MQ-1C qualification course as well as the MQ-1C gunnery familiarization course as well as acting as the Government Flight Representative (GFR) for all Army Predator class UAS flight operations at Libby Army Airfield.  I then took a position as a Tiger Shark TUAS Mission Commander flying counter-IED SAR missions in Afghanistan for a year using the Copperhead SAR.  Upon my completion of 12 months in Afghanistan I took a position flying the Silver Fox sUAS in Tucson, AZ.  I was then offered a position with Raytheon Intelligence and Information Systems to return as an MQ-1C Gray Eagle instructor once more where I am currently working.

          I am pursuing my Master's to give myself a wider range of education in aviation in general and UAS specifically with a goal of working in the emerging field of civil UAS operations in the future.  This is my fifth class in my pursuit of this degree with 7 more to complete after this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment